Celebrities That Died Like Michael Jackson


It’s a known fact that being a celebrity isn’t all about the glitz and glamour. A lot of famous personalities have lived a miserable life because of the demands in the industry. There are many who turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with the pressures of their jobs. With that fact, dying due to drug overdose or alcohol intoxication isn’t actually rare.

Michael JacksonPerhaps, one of the highest profile cases is Michael Jackson. It’s been almost 9 years since he died due to drug overdose. During the 2011 trial, Jackson’s physician, Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. It was his physician who administered an excessive amount of surgical anesthetic propofol that brought fatal damaged to his system. The said medication was frequently used by the singer to help him sleep.

See others who suffered the same unfortunate death.


The phenomenal singer died in 2012 from drowning in her hotel bathtub. The initial report from LA County Coroner cited accidental drowning as cause of death. However, the report also noted heart disease and cocaine use were contributing factors to the singer’s demise.

Whitney Houston

After the toxicology results, the Houston family released a statement saying, “We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure.”

The singer admitted to using cocaine and marijuana during her troublesome years of marriage to Bobby Brown. This became evident in her voice when it started to sound raspy and she could no longer hit high notes.


A lot of people were shocked when the American actress was reported dead in December 2009 at age 32. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the young actress passed out in her bathroom after battling flu-like symptoms for a few days. Unlike others who took illegal drugs, Murphy overdosed on prescription and over-the-counter meds.

The LA County Coroner said: “She was really sick with pneumonia, very anemic, and she was taking medication… and all that combined killed her.”

Brittany Murphy

Her husband, Simon Monjack, said his wife was being properly taken care of. He claimed to think Murphy was battling with flu. “I had no idea she had pneumonia. I took very good care of my wife, she was on antibiotic and she was taking cough medicine and doing all the right things.”

Five months after, her husband died of the same cause.


Aside from drug overdose, another common cause of death is alcohol intoxication. The 27-year old Grammy winner was found lying down in her flat without life on July 23, 2011. The inquest findings were Winehouse had 416mg of alcohol per decilitre in her blood. It was enough to make her comatose and eventually depress her respiratory system. The paramedics found some empty bottles of vodka at her place.

According to the final verdict, “She voluntarily consumed alcohol, a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn in that it caused her death.”

Amy Winehouse

Winehouse had been battling her alcohol addiction for a long time. However, she refused to ask for psychiatric help because she thought it might affect her creativity.


The Oscar-winning actor died on January 2008 due to “acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.” The manner of his death was considered “accident,” resulting from abuse of prescription medicines.

Heath was known for his Oscar-winning role as Joker, in Batman: The Dark Knight. Reports have linked his death to his role which may have made him manic and depressed. However, his sister, Kate avers otherwise.

“Every report was coming out that he was depressed and that [the role] was taking this toll on him, and we’re going, honestly, it was the absolute opposite. It couldn’t be more wrong!”

Heath Ledger

“He had an amazing sense of humor, and I guess maybe only his family and friends knew that, but he was having fun. He wasn’t depressed about the Joker!”

Many attest that Heath had no suicidal tendencies. However, his insomnia may have forced him to self-medicate.


In 2013, people were shocked when news about the Glee actor’s death surfaced. Cory Monteith was 31 years old when he died at the Fairmont Pacific Hotel in Vancouver. Reports suggest that the reason for his death was “mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol.”

Dr. Payne explained: “”Cory was tragically unaware that his central nervous systems was already compromised because of the amount of alcohol he had consumed throughout the evening. Within seconds after injecting the heroin the effects of these two drugs combined to suppress his ability to breathe. As his breathing slows his heart has a much more difficult time pumping oxygen around his blood. Ultimately it was the alcohol and heroin in combination that killed him and not the heroin in isolation.”

Cory Monteith

A few months before his passing, a representative revealed that Monteith has voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction. After completing his treatment, he was spotted hanging out with his girlfriend, Lea Michele. He continuously appeared in public after like running errands, or attending red carpet shows with his girlfriend.