As Demi Lovato celebrated her 25th birthday on August 20, we thought you’d like to reminisce about this young Disney stars early days. We were first mesmerized by Demi on As the Bell Rings before we even adored her on Camp Rock. At such a young age, this girl’s been through a lot. Her life has been full of fun and excitement and we’d like to share some of the highlights.
Demi made her first debut as a child actress in Barney and friends. In 2008, she made it to the spotlight when she rocked out at the Disney Channel television film Camp Rock. In the same year, Demi released her first ever single “This Is Me” which made it on top nine at the Billboard Hot 100.
The brunette beauty continued on her path to stardom as she nabbed a titular role on Disney’s Sonny with a Chance in 2009. This time, she released her second album, Here We Go Again.
Like many other stars, Demi went on hiatus as she went through some personal issues in 2010. After the show’s second season, she went to a treatment center to seek help for addiction, eating disorder, and bipolar disorder. After completing her treatment, Demi worked on her third album, Unbroken, which was released the following year. The songs “Skyscraper” and “Give your heart a break” broke the billboard charts and even bagged triple platinum.
Since then, each song released by the Disney darling has skyrocketed up the charts. She also became a judge in The X Factor in 2012 and 2013. Now, people continue to love this sweet lady and here are some of the reasons:
- She totally looks classy wearing sleepwear as an evening wear.
- She looks great in a bikini.
- She knows how to win at the Grammys!
- She arrives in style!
- Thigh high boots and leotards! She knows how to rock it.
- Blonde hair? She can work it!
- She hangs out with cool friends like Halsey! And she keeps her loyalty to her true friends. Did you know that she and Selena have been friends since they were on Barney and friends? They’ve been one of cutest celebrity BFFs ever.
- Aside from singing, this girl can also dance. Remember when you were blown away by her dance moves in Camp Rock?
- Singing, Dancing, and Acting! Name it! Demi can do it. She showed even showed her comedic chops on Sonny with a Chance.
- She definitely puts on an amazing show.
- She loves her fans – the Lovatics! They’re the reason she is where she is right now and she knows that so she also shows appreciation to her fans.
- She’s an inspiration. Everybody knows she’s been through rough times and her song Skyscraper has inspired millions.
- She’s charitable. She knows the importance of giving back. One of her advocacies is to address the pressures that teenage and college girls feel to be perfect through the movement “Love is Louder.”
- Demi recognizes the importance of mental health. She’s vocal and she speaks up about it.
- She’s an artist! Aside from being a singer, she’s also a song writer. She has written and co-written most of her songs including “Remember December,” “Gift of a Friend,” and “Unbroken.”
- She’s a good role model. One of her fans said: “Her story inspires millions of people and she’s saved so many people’s lives with her songs and kind words
- She’s the voice behind Smurfette.
- She has her own unique style. She’s Demi and she doesn’t copy others to be famous.
- She smiles a lot. Whenever she’s caught on or off cam, when people look at her, she’s always been the happy person.
- She loves the LGBT community. In 2014, she was announced as the Grand Marshal for LA Pride week. She was also honored in 2016 with GLAAD Vanguard Award for promoting equal rights to LGBT people.
- She’s an author. In 2013, she released a book entitled “Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year.”
- She plays a number of musical instruments including guitar, piano, and drums.
- She’s an advocate for anti-bullying. When she was young, Demi was bullied so badly that she asked for homeschooling. Now, she’s a spokesperson for an anti-bullying organization, PACER. She also appeared on America’s Next Top Model to talk against bullying.
- She’s got an incredible singing voice! Of course, that’s a given!
- She’s down to earth and she acknowledges the people who’ve made significant influence in her life. In one of her interviews, she talked about her admiration for Kelly Clarkson: “I just thought she was a great role model. She was never publicly seen drinking and driving or wearing really scandalous clothes or anything like that. I feel like she set a really great example and she was extremely talented.”